Virtual quizzes are taking over the internet as lockdown continues in many countries, and we’re all looking for new ways to connect and get a bit of entertainment. The quiz format has proven to engage players of all ages365体育网站 and works great in an online setting.
Family and friends quiz nights via video calls, work-from-home office trivia, virtual sessions for school students and their parents – these new forms of activities are on the rise, bringing some light-hearted social interaction while people can’t meet in person. We’re happy to see that many are choosing Kahoot! to facilitate these activities by playing via a video call.
One of the popular video call solutions that can help you run your virtual quiz night is Skype. Here’s how you host a game show from your living room with Kahoot! and Skype:
- Before you start your meeting, log in to your Kahoot! account and open a kahoot you’d like to host
- Log in to your Skype account in the desktop app or on the web. Select the contact you want to call and then select the video call button. To make a group call, simply add another participant
- Once participants have joined your video call, click Play and Host live to launch the kahoot in your web browser so the lobby is showing with the game PIN
- Select the screen sharing button in the Skype toolbar. (Please note that screen sharing with Skype for Web is only available in Chrome)
- When participants see the game PIN on your shared screen, they use a second device to use this PIN and join the game – for example, a mobile phone
- Host the kahoot as usual while your screen is shared
- Choose a kahoot that includes images and video for a better game experience
- Take pauses between some of the questions to discuss and interact with each other
- Connecting several families on your video call? They can use one device to join the game and compete in Team Mode
Looking for an engaging kahoot for your next virtual session? Here are some tips on how to find relevant games:
365体育网站Have you tried playing Kahoot! via video with friends, family members, colleagues, or students? Share your experience on or !