Accountability in the Judicial Administration of Bangladesh
- 11 Downloads
Accountability in the judicial administration endorses the meaning to have sound judicial remedies in getting justice at large or judicial accountability in specific with a view to establishing good governance in all the spheres of the state.
The existence of accountability in a democratic country is based on the rule of law which is the patent expectation of every citizen. Judiciary assumes the supreme constitutional responsibility to ensure accountability in the governance system in the state that demands independence of judiciary as well as responsible judiciary. All aspects of judiciary ought to be highly accountable as the accountable judiciary is the parameter of all organs of the state to come into an accountable character. Lack of accountability generates dysfunctions, transparency crisis, and corruption and destroys the fundamental rights resulting in...
- “Why Judicial Corruption is Invisible”, by JOHN BARTH, JR. published in the counter punch, USA on 10 Dec 2010
- Mahmudul Islam, Interpretation of Statutes and Documents, Published by Shahidul Hasan Mollick, Reprint: January, 2015, Page 10–11
- M.H. Rahman, J. in Mujibur Rahman V. Govt. of Bangladesh, 44 DLR (AD) pg-111 at para-122
- Md. Abdul Halim, Barrister-at-Law, The Legal System of Bangladesh, Pg-93
- Cooke R (1992) Empowerment and accountability: the quest for administrative justice. Commonw Law Bull 18:1326
- Islam M (2012) Constitutional law of Bangladesh, 3rd edn. Mollick Brothers, Dhaka
- Judiciary of England and Wales The Accountability of the Judiciary, Seen on:
- Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed, CERTIORARI- An Administrative Law Remedy, published by Mullick Brothers, 2011, pages 6–13
- The Constitution of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 1972 (as amended in 2014)
- The Judicial Officers Protection Act, 1850 (ACT NO. XVIII of 1850)
- The Judicial System of England and Wales, a Visitor’s guide, seen on:
- The United Nations (1985) Basic principles on the independence of the judiciary